Overhead Gantry Crane
- Is this a company booking for multiple attendees?
- Do all attendees meet the course requirements listed below?
- Do you currently hold US 3800?
- Do you currently hold US 30072?
- Sorry, you do not meet the prerequisites for our Gantry Crane courses.
- Sorry, you must have evidence of at least 1 months operator experience to undertake this course.
- Sorry, Sorry, you must hold the prerequisite US 30072 to undertake this course. Please consider: Sling Regular loads
- 1 Day
- 8 attendees
- Starting from $496.00pp (ex GST)
Overhead travelling cranes, portal cranes, Goliath, semi-Goliath and straddle carriers are referred to as Gantry cranes. The Code of Practise requires operators to be both experienced and trained.
Training options include full and renewal courses
Unit standard 30072 - Demonstrate Knowledge of Slinging Regular Loads.
Recommended prior experience:
Axiom Training would recommend a period of on-job training and/or experience in the safe operation of a Gantry Crane before attending our Gantry Crane course ( to be assessed against unit standard 3800, use a radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane to lift and place regular loads).
Public Course Bookings
To find a suitable date and book a public course, simply use the online booking tool above, contact one of our sales support team on 0800 267 476 or use our contact us form.
Company Course Bookings
To run this course at your workplace please use the contact us form or contact our sales support team on 0800 267 476.
What is the minimum requirement to operate a crane?
Unit standard-based training delivered by an accredited training establishment is generally recommended as the minimum requirement by WorkSafe NZ. WorkSafe NZ publishes the Cranes - Approved Code of Practice, which stipulates that any training needs be supported by a robust company health and safety policy and detailed operating procedures for the specified equipment.
Can you deliver crane training at our site using our equipment?
Yes. Alternatively, we also run public crane training courses at our branches.
What do I have to do with my logbook?
The completion of a record of lifts that you have undertaken is very important to support your assessment. For the case of unit 3789, you will need verified experience of 40 lifts (slinging and directing placement of load) with at least six variations of lifting operations that may include site, crane, loads, and communication methods. Axiom can provide you with a logbook to fill out should you require one.
What do I need to bring with me to the course?
Your booking confirmation will provide specific details about your course and what you need to bring. Please also remember I.D. and your completed logbook, if required.
My business needs a range of cranes courses, can you help?
Our experienced NZQA accredited assessors and network of specialist contractors provide practical, tailored unit standard-based crane training to keep workers safe and businesses compliant. We also offer fully customised and tailored training solutions that fit your needs, contact us today to discuss your specific requirements.
What type of crane training do you offer?
Axiom provides a range of training solutions:
Short courses. Specifically designed around coaching and assessment. Short course content is specifically designed for trainees who have industry experience and work with industry and on machinery every day.
Verification of Currency. Assessment of staff capability against industry best practice in line with operational procedures.
Training. Up-skilling team members to ensure that have the right experience in preparation for unit standard assessment.
Refresher/Renewal Training. Refresh the unit standards already obtained.
- Demonstrate knowledge of company procedures and requirements for lifting practices and overhead cranes
- Park crane and store equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of pendant and remote controlled cranes, monorail, and suspended hoists and lifting equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of the care and safe use of pendant and remote controlled cranes, monorail, and suspended hoists and lifting equipment
- Sling, lift, travel, and unload or place regular loads
3800: Operate a radio remote or pendant controlled overhead crane and lift and place regular loads
Overhead Gantry Crane Courses
This course option supports the Crane Best Practise Guidelines recommendation that Overhead Gantry Crane Operators hold NZQA unit standard 3800.
Overhead Gantry Crane - Renewal Course
This course option supports the Crane Best Practise Guidelines recommendation that all operators refresh the original certification (3800) within three years to maintain the Crane Operators Certificate.