Book this Course
- 2 Days
- 6 attendees
This course is aimed at producing a chainsaw operator who is able to safely demonstrate and apply the knowledge for chainsaw use contained in the Approved Code of Practice. It is designed for the occasional user as an introduction to operating a chainsaw in a workplace and can be customised to incorporate specific company policies and procedures.
Trainees will be able to demonstrate and apply their responsibilities under the requirements of the Health and Safety legislation in relation to chainsaw operation. This is not an advanced course and does not cover tree felling.
Best practice is completion of refresher training every 2 years.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
Want Group Training
On Your Site?
If you’d like this course to be run at your workplace, please submit your request here.
Call 0800 267 476
- Describe the requirements relating to the transport and use of chainsaw fuel
- Kickback risk management
- Describe personal protection and first aid requirements for chainsaw operators
- Check a chainsaw and its components
- Explain how a chainsaw functions
- Demonstrate knowledge of the hazards that influence chainsaw operation
- Prepare to operate a chainsaw
- Start and test a chainsaw
- Use a chainsaw to make cuts
- Tension and compression wood
6916: Demonstrate knowledge of the Approved Code of Practice relating to chainsaw use
6917: Demonstrate basic chainsaw operation
This course is run at your worksite and is tailored to your organisational needs. Please contact us for pricing, or complete an on-site booking request using the Book Now button above.