Book this Course
- 1 Day
- 6 attendees
This course teaches how to conduct a scaffold pre-inspection before use and how to respond to the findings. It does not remove the requirement for inspections to be completed by a certified scaffolder where required under the statute.
A relevant level of physical fitness and ability to work at heights.
Want Group Training
On Your Site?
If you’d like this course to be run at your workplace, please submit your request here.Request Group Training for On Your Site
Call 0800 267 476
Can I have a career in scaffolding?
A career in scaffolding can be very rewarding. Qualified and competent scaffolding professionals are sought after around the world. New Zealand has a large industry with a lot of opportunity to develop a career in scaffolding. Let scaffolding take you places.
How does Axiom scaffolding courses work for industry?
Based on feedback from the scaffolding industry, our range of scaffolding courses has been designed to fit the time frames and costs of businesses, minimising the days that staff are off-site. Axiom Training is able to deliver the short courses at your site.
Does Axiom Training work with SARNZ?
Yes, Axiom training is an associated member of SARNZ and maintains strong relationships to ensure the very best course offerings.
- Conduct a visual and physical inspection of scaffolding before use
- Identify potential hazards and risks
- Visually examine notifiable scaffolding for structural stability
- Check the scaffolding register for currency
- Test notifiable scaffolding for structural stability
- Respond appropriately to the findings of the scaffold inspection
- Ensure the scaffold and scaffold site is maintained
- Appropriately record and report findings
- A practical group-based activity in the afternoon
23230: Conduct a safety inspection of scaffolding before use
This unit standard is intended for use with standing and hanging scaffolding built with tube and fitting or proprietary systems. It specifically excludes suspended scaffolding.
This course has been developed by Axiom Training to provide broad training in the skills, techniques and record keeping of scaffold safety inspections before use.
This course is run at your worksite and is tailored to your organisational needs. Please contact us for pricing, or complete an on-site booking request using the Book Now button above.