Safe Tractor Operation
- 1-2 Days
- 8 attendees
This course teaches the knowledge, skills, and attributes for all essential areas of the unit standards covered in this course, enabling the individual to drive a tractor effectively and safely in varied terrain.
Successful completion of unit standard 19044 (describe the legal requirements and occupational hazards associated with tractor use - covered in the course).
No licence is required if 100% of use is on private property with no public access. Where public land is to be accessed a minimum of a full class 1 licence and registration is required.
- Describe the legal requirements for tractors and tractor users on both private property and on public roads
- Drive a tractor on hilly terrain
- Describe occupational hazards associated with tractor use
- Identify factors that affect tractor stability
- Check and service a wheel tractor and implement before use
- Attach an implement to a tractor
- Drive a wheel tractor and implement safely over flat terrain
- Detach an implement from a tractor
19044: Describe the legal requirements and occupational hazards associated with tractor use
24552: Check and drive a basic wheel tractor with an attached implement on flat terrain.
There are additional optional unit standards available for this course. You can tailor a course to suit your organisational requirements.
24538: Demonstrate knowledge of tractor stability and the dynamics of tractors and attached implements
24539: Maintain and use a power take off (PTO) implement attached to a tractor
24552: Check and drive a basic wheel tractor with an attached implement of flat terrain
27604: Check and drive a basic wheel tractor with an attached implement of hilly terrain
This course is run at your worksite and is tailored to your organisational needs. Please contact us for pricing, or complete an on-site booking request using the Book Now button above.