Quad Bike Training
- 1-2 days
- 10 attendees
This course teaches quad bike operators the knowledge, skills and attributes for all essential areas of the units of competency covered under the best practice guidelines for quad bike riding in the workplace.
The course is targeted specifically at quad bikes used in the workplace and teaches the trainee to ride effectively and safely over varied terrain. The trainee will be able to demonstrate the appropriate responsibilities of a rider with emphasis on accident prevention. A high level of safe decision-making is also promoted as well as riding techniques that minimise negative environmental impact.
We can customise the course to incorporate company policies and procedures.
A current restricted class 1 or full class 6 licence, however, no licence is required if use is in an “off road only” environment.
- Quad pre-use daily checks and serviceability
- Water fording
- Start-up and shut-down procedures
- Loading and unloading a quad from a trailer
- Hazard identification and safety margin awareness
- Obstacle recognition and negotiation
- Active riding skills
- Stability dynamics including loads carried, loads towed, and load security
- Understanding tyres and the importance of correct inflation pressures
- Correct hill ascent and descent riding techniques and associated issues and limits
- Ground composition and contour recognition and riding techniques to ensure safety
- Traversing side slopes
24557: Demonstrate knowledge of the safe operation of an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV).
24554: Ride an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) on flat terrain.
24559: Ride an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) on undulating terrain.
A post-course report will highlight any individual requiring special on-going tuition /guidance to reach a safe minimal operating level. We will work with anyone requiring on-going training or experience prior to reaching a competent level.
This course is run at your worksite and is tailored to your organisational needs. Please contact us for pricing, or complete an on-site booking request using the Book Now button above.