Open Space Mower Operation Training
- 1-2 Days
- 10 attendees
This course teaches how to select and prepare mowing equipment and machinery, carry out worksite preparation and safety checks, operate a mower to mow reserves and roadside vegetation and carry out post-operational procedures. It can be customised to suit specific machinery, working environments and company protocols.
- Must have a driver licence and any driver licence endorsement appropriate for the machine or vehicle being used (Usually a Wheels, Tracks or Rollers endorsement)
- Must hold the unit standards relevant for the trainee’s primary machine set up and terrain (e.g. tractor unit standards for tractor mounted mowers, or Light Utility Vehicle unit standards for ride-on and out-front mowers) Note: May include tractor unit standard if they are currently not held.
- Minimal written theory beyond daily company timesheets, machinery check-sheets, and safety briefings as most of the course is run on-site while production continues
- The unit standard requires a consistent level of production mowing, balanced with knowledge of mowing plant set-up, machinery operation, and safety.
- Where initial assessment shows consistent competency in some areas, time will be diverted to areas requiring improvement
- Where attendees are already mowing but wish to gain accreditation (or improve their skills) this course is designed to create as minimal disruption to production as practical. New staff are initially trained then buddied up to gain experience during a longer assessment and improvement phase. This is done in partnership with the relevant company delegate.
19570: Operate a Mower for Agricultural Contracting.
Assessment of this unit standard must be based on evidence from a workplace context.
A post-course report will highlight any individual requiring special on-going tuition / guidance to reach a safe and productive operating level. Axiom Training will work with anyone requiring on-going training or experience prior to reaching a competent level.
This course is run at your worksite and is tailored to your organisational needs. Please contact us for pricing, or complete an on-site booking request using the Book Now button above.