New Zealand Certificate in Distribution (Level 3)
- 16 Weeks Full time - 9 months work-based
- 12 attendees
The purpose of this qualification is to recognise individuals that have attained sufficient knowledge and operational skills required to safely operate as a distribution operator in warehousing, distribution and supply.
Holders of this qualification will be capable of operating at an entry level under limited supervision. Trainees may choose to specialise in mechanised goods handling on completing the New Zealand Certificate in Distribution (Level 3) by completing the optional strand in Mechanised Goods Handling. This strand recognises the additional specialised skills and knowledge required to use mechanised goods handling equipment in a distribution environment.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Apply health, safety and security practices to ensure own safety and minimise potential hazards for any customers and co-workers in a distribution environment.
- Carry out store operations and inventory control in a distribution environment.
- Communicate with staff, managers, and customers.
- Apply standard operating procedures and the code of conduct to a work role applicable to a distribution environment.
- Receive and dispatch goods in a distribution environment.
- Graduates of the Mechanised Goods Handling optional strand will also be able to:
- Use mechanised goods handling machinery and equipment in a distribution environment.
Please note: This course is subject to learner number requirements and may be postponed to a later date or cancelled if this number is not met.
This programme is offered with a full-time or part time work-based option.
This programme runs full-time for 16 weeks, with 4 to 5 days each week participating in classroom training, self-directed study, industry site visits and work experience.
This qualification is offered as a work-based programme with practical requirements and experience completed within the workplace.
Holders of this qualification will be able to progress to further study within distribution or training at NZQF Levels 3 and above, including the New Zealand Certificate in Distribution (Level 4); related level 4 qualifications in Supply Chain, Port Operations, International Freight Logistics. [Ref: 2573]