Manual Handling and Back Injury Prevention
Book this Course
- 1 Day
- 15 attendees
This course teaches basic knowledge and skills for the manual handling of goods, equipment, and materials in the workplace. As well as the skills and techniques to ensure correct posture and back safety is maintained throughout.
In this practical and theory-based course students gain:
- knowledge of types of manual handling risks in the workplace
- Understanding of injury risk reduction measures for manual handling in the workplace
- Practical experience in safe manual handling practices with mechanical aids in the workplace
- Knowledge of the structure and function of the spine
- The ability to identify the risk factors for occupational back injuries
- Knowledge of back care techniques
- The ability to Identify and use work place control measures to reduce the risk of back injury
There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
Want Group Training
On Your Site?
If you’d like this course to be run at your workplace, please submit your request here.Request Group Training for On Your Site
Call 0800 267 476
17459: Demonstrate and apply knowledge of safe manual handling practices in the workplace
17592: Identify the causes of back injury and methods to prevent back injuries in the workplace.