Health & Safety Representative - Online
- Online Course
- $250.00pp (ex GST)
This is an introduction to the role of a Health and Safety Representative under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA). Trainees will learn the requirements and obligations of a Health and Safety Representative as required by the HSWA.
On course completion, trainees should be able to explain and demonstrate their overall role and function as a Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace.
Trainees should have prior understanding of the HSWA. Given there may be varying degrees of knowledge of the HSWA, this course includes a range of highly interactive training activities that will assess the experience of a trainee to determine the requirement for a post course activity. Dependent on the trainee's experience, post course activity may be required to complete the unit standard.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
Public Course Bookings
To find a suitable date and book a public course, simply use the online booking tool above, contact one of our sales support team on 0800 267 476 or use our contact us form.
Company Course Bookings
To run this course at your workplace please use the contact us form or contact our sales support team on 0800 267 476.
- Explain the role and functions of a Health and Safety Representative under the HSWA
- How and when to direct a worker to cease unsafe work
- Working with the PCBU (person conducting a business or undertaking) and WorkSafe
- Roles and responsibilities under the HSWA
- Explain the role of a Health and Safety Representative as an advocate for workers
- Managing risk and the importance of communicating with workers and management
- Responsibility of a Health and Safety Representative for issuing a provisional improvement notice (PIN)
29315: Describe the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace
Unit standard 29315 replaces unit standard 20198 for Health and Safety Representative Training.