Designing Assessment Materials
- 1 Day
- 12 attendees
Axiom Training specialises in offering assessment design training courses via distance learning and workshops for tertiary education organisations and secondary schools.Our aim is to train assessment designers to meet your organisational needs within the context of your learners and learning environment leading to the achievement of NZQA Unit Standard 11552.
Our assessment design training is for tutors, teachers, or workplace assessors who hold Unit Standard 4098 and are in a position to move into developing new assessment materials or modify existing materials.
To find a suitable date and book a public course, simply use the online booking tool above, contact one of our sales support team on 0800 267 476 or use our contact us form.
Company Course Bookings
To run this course at your workplace please use the contact us form or contact our sales support team on 0800 267 476.
Our one-day assessment design course leads on from the 4098 assessor training course and experience with assessing candidates against unit standards and takes assessors through the process of designing assessment material.
This generally includes for:
- NZQA providers or schools: common assessment tasks and assessment schedules
- ITOs: Assessor guides, evidence and judgement guides/schedules
You will develop assessments that meet the requirements and context of your learners, organisation, industry training organisation and/or standard setting body in an interactive workshop.
Assessment designers then follow the organisation or widely accepted provider assessment schedule or evidence and judgement guide format to prepare evidence and judgement statements that directs Assessors to making consistent, fair assessment decisions based on sufficient and current evidence.
Assessment designers or writers who hold Unit Standard 11552 can:
- Design assessments or guides for learners or trainees in the context and environment of your organisation or training course
- Develop assessment tasks or specific questions, scenarios for their specific course or candidates
- Modify existing assessments that do not pass internal or external pre-assessment moderation or that need to be updated to a new version of the standard
- Submit their assessment materials for pre-assessment moderation for approval prior to use within your organisation
11552: Design and evaluate assessment materials
Candidate designers will apply the knowledge, skills and processes to their organisation for two assessments that need to meet your internal quality assurance and moderation requirements. This evidence will then be compiled to produce a portfolio of evidence for assessment against Unit Standard 11552.
The two sets of assessment material must be approved as meeting internal or external moderation requirements and you must seek out and consider stakeholder input, e.g. a learner or an assessor.
This course is run at your worksite and is tailored to your organisational needs. Please contact us for pricing, or complete an on-site booking request using the Book Now button above.