- 1 Day or Self-paced distance learning
- 12 attendees
- Starting from $447.00pp (ex GST)
We are passionate about Assessor training and developing good Assessor practice within the organisations we work with.
Our Assessor training workshops can be completed as either workshops or distance learning and are fully customised and targeted to:
- ITO registered Workplace Assessors
- Workplace Supervisors
- Adult Education Tutors
- Training Consultants
- On-the-Job Trainers
There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
Public Course Bookings
To find a suitable date and book a public course, simply use the online booking tool above, contact one of our sales support team on 0800 267 476 or use our contact us form.
Company Course Bookings
To run this course at your workplace please use the contact us form or contact our sales support team on 0800 267 476.
Within our workshops we make the learning as practical as possible. This makes the trainees’ experience much more efficient, relevant and participative.
While the study guide we provide is comprehensive in these areas, workshops may only pick out the key points of some topics including:
- The New Zealand Qualifications Framework
- Administrative processes
- Standard setting bodies
- Understanding qualifications and unit standards
- Types of assessment
- Assessment methods
- The significance of pre-moderation
- The assessment process
- ITO / organisational requirements
- The 12 best practice assessment principles
- Using assessment guides
- Evidence and judgment schedules
- Making assessment decisions
- Dealing with tricky situations
- Recording assessment decisions
- Providing feedback
- Administrative processes
The distance learning programme is designed for people who have had current experience of an assessing framework, or who have frequently observed assessing practice within the NZQA framework or similar. It is a boosted programme designed to be self-paced, with 1-2 phone or email interactions within the 3 month return period by a support trainer/assessor.
The public workshop option is best for people with limited experience of workplace assessing.
Not all participants who engage in our assessor training work with NZQA or unit standards. In these instances, we customise the learning and assessment to focus on the standards for which the assessors will be assessing against, whether these are international standards, industry standards, organisational standards or standard operating procedures.
4098: Use standards to assess candidate performance
11281: Prepare candidate(s) for assessment against standards
- Candidate Assessors will need to be able to complete two real assessments with their candidates within 30 days of the workshop day.
- Participants must have at least one learner that is ready to be assessed against a standard.